Photographs I've gleaned from flea markets, junk shops and sometimes ebay. The cheaper the better. Anything with a story that can be extracted from hand written notes, location research, local histories, census records......anything. A small band of fellow enthusiasts worldwide have helped me with many of these. Of course there are always mysteries that defy research, but there's even a story inside these. All images can be viewed at super-size on Flickr.

Monday 22 August 2011

Twin sisters

Identical twin sisters in identical dresses. Meran / Merano, Italy.

Identical twin sisters in identical dresses. Meran / Merano, Italy. (enlarged detail)

Continuing the 'double' theme from yesterday's post. This pair of sisters were photographed in Merano (Italy, formerly Austria) in royal icing dresses. Sometimes I find twins where I didn't expect them, such as this group of old ladies in Westgate-on-Sea, Kent. It's maybe my own family history which makes me search for twin sisters. The defiant stare of these two leap out of our archive. I'm told they were a fabulous pair of old ladies too.

Old ladies. Westgate-on-Sea, Kent.

Old ladies. Westgate-on-Sea, Kent. (enlarged detail)

0 comments:

Post a Comment