Photographs I've gleaned from flea markets, junk shops and sometimes ebay. The cheaper the better. Anything with a story that can be extracted from hand written notes, location research, local histories, census records......anything. A small band of fellow enthusiasts worldwide have helped me with many of these. Of course there are always mysteries that defy research, but there's even a story inside these. All images can be viewed at super-size on Flickr.

Sunday 14 August 2011

Drag act. 1940s.

Drag act. "Richard Gilbert" Dick Emery?

I found this fun one inside a sideboard in a second-hand furniture shop. This message is on the back:

Eddie, I told you one day I would become a 'pin-up' girl. Look at this and tell me, am I in the running?!!! Richard (Richard Gilbert)

I was wondering if this could be an early photo of Dick Emery, whose middle name was Gilbert.

0 comments:

Post a Comment