Photographs I've gleaned from flea markets, junk shops and sometimes ebay. The cheaper the better. Anything with a story that can be extracted from hand written notes, location research, local histories, census records......anything. A small band of fellow enthusiasts worldwide have helped me with many of these. Of course there are always mysteries that defy research, but there's even a story inside these. All images can be viewed at super-size on Flickr.

Sunday 14 August 2011

Mother and sullen child "Rachel".

Mother and sullen child "Rachel"

The 'Rachel' label has been placed deliberately under the child, not the mother, so I think we can assume Rachel is the child. I wonder what the rest of her life was like. I bet she was a beautiful adult.

Mother and sullen child "Rachel" (enlarged detail)

0 comments:

Post a Comment